Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Isaiah

I just finished my Bible study for tomorrow. Isaiah is so full of good things. 41-43 are treasures. So meaty. Every verse means something. I really got a lot out of it, so I'm going to have to share. I apologize you non-Bible people.

42:13 The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against his enemies
I used to have a poster I stole from my brother with that verse on it, hanging on my bedroom wall. It was a really sweet piece of art, with a firey Jesus on a horse trampling out the whispy demons, hidden throughout the picture. I can't really describe it well. But I always liked it. What hit me tonight, reading that, was that He's fighting on my behalf! I don't have to win the war. I just have to trust Him.

43:1b-2 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.

My rivers and fires haven't been nearly as terrible or difficult as so many others', but I have seen my share of them. And, as the doubt clouds in and the fear floods my soul in the middle of the night, I've seen this promise over and over. I have never been so overwhelmed that I couldn't reach for Him. I have never been so engulfed in flames that I couldn't see the way out. He loves me.
He called my name, and I came to Him, and I belong to Him. How precious.

43:22,25-26 But you have not called upon me, O Jacob; and you have been wary of me, O Israel... but you have burdened me with your sins, you have waried me with your iniquities. I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins. Put me in remembrance; Let us contend together; State your case, that you may be acquitted.

When I read the part about burdening God with my sins, I felt something in my soul. we've been working on a lot of things lately. And they kind of have been a burden. It was good to read on and know, that he blots out our sin. Not for our sake, but for His, so we can know Him more fully and reflect His light.

There were so many more things. I encourage you to take a look for yourself. Like I said, it's full of great things.

1 comment:

Katrina Custer said...

Was using big portions of Isaiah in class yesterday with my 6th graders as we looked up specific verses Jesus fulfilled. Love Isaiah! Thanks for the tip on the Amy Grant song, too.