Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post, on account of being a tthe in-laws all day. I'm so blessed. My family gets to join my in-laws so I don't have to be torn between the two families for Thanksgiving. We had a really nice time this year. The food was good, as usual. But of course, the company we kept was the best. It was a little more sparse this year, but I really enjoyed having time with everyone.
Missed my brothers like nuts. I miss Nathan and Shelly of course, but I've gotten used to their being gone. I really missed my little brother. I cried a lot. In the shower first thing that morning, realizing I would go and watch the parade at my folks' house all alone.
Then we sang at the in-laws, and he's always there every year during hymn time and requests a few songs. I bawled through "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder" because it's always been one of his favorite.
I missed him again today. It's just a lonely feeling when someone who's always been a part of your life isn't there. Harder yet when you know he could die any day. (Hes in Afghanistan in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have showers or computers or internet access or phones. It sucks).
So. That was Thanksgiving. But I had a really good time being with everyone, and I love them all.

No comments: