Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I Don't Say on Facebook

Don't take this seriously, OK? This is totally tongue-in-cheek since I post a billion things no one else cares about. But, sometimes... often... I just have these thoughts:

Why did you just "like" that? What difference does it make to anyone if you "like" that or not?

No, my kids aren't my world. I have plenty more going on in here than just them.

I think we've heard enough about your health issues.

Yeah, I opened the door this morning and felt the weather too. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

You hate snow; you hate rain; you hate heat. Why do you live in Iowa?

Go to bed, you idiot. All you're going to post tomorrow is how tired you are.

I don't care what you ate tonight. Really, it just makes me feel bad that I only made mac and cheese for my kids.

Please. Keep that to yourself.

You do realize that all 452 of your so-called "friends" just read that?

Hey, depression is your own issue. Don't take it out on me.

Facebook is NOT a good platform for political debates. I'd actually rather not know your opinions. Really, it's true.

Poking is pointless. So very, very pointless.

Facebook is also not a good platform to promote your business. Unless you want to make a business fan page. Then it's OK. An occasional post is fine. But I'd rather hear about your life. Oh wait, that's your kids. I read that on one of your random "likes" that I didn't care about.

Why are we even "friends" when we ignore each other in real life?


OK. The sarcasm must stop. I have to reign it in or it gets out of control. Anyone want to add something? I think it's funny.

10 comments:

ks said...

clearly facebook is a waste of time.

Scarlet-O said...

Facebook is so totally and utterly WACK. btw i'd put this as a post on my own blog, but then the ONE offender will read it... somehow one of my followers from here got my real facebook page, it was my mistake I was using this email for a while and accidentally did an auto-add but i denied them and then ignored them when they requested again (twice) and explained why and then they requested again so i accepted saying okay just please i really want to keep my identity private and they'll still do things like "like" certain posts that are like, articles about me/my career, that are like the LAST thing in the world i'd want connected with the blog... ugh... i'm going to unfriend them right now... i can't deal with it.

bleghhh...

and yes it is funny and i DO hate facebook but i ONLY use it to promote my stuff pretty much... fake personal feel really as a promotional tool otherwise i would not HAVE the shit!!!!

oh-- and a big one to add-- "chatting" someone on FB!!! DON'T!!! PLEASE!!! some random person i don't know saying "hey whats new" UM... EVERYTHING??? since nothing's OLD?? since i don't KNOW you??? now BYE!!! you're freezing my shit up!!! UGHHH!!!

ks said...

haha! you're so right about chatting.

Jill H said...

Wow. Usually one or more of those thoughts you listed go through my head when I scroll through the news feed. I pretty much only have fb for the messaging because it's so much easier than making sure I have working email addresses.

Katrina Custer said...

Haha, totally agree with most of those and especially the added chatting comment. However, I must say, it's helping me with communication as an M! I'd be a horrible, sad communicator without it.

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

The people from the church where I grew up really enjoy reading the posts about what I cooked for dinner. It is kind of funny - those are the posts that always get back to my mom. Ladies from church will come up to her and say - well, your daughter is experimenting in the kitchen again. I'm just waiting for someone to reply with "could you share that recipe."

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

The advantage and disadvantage of facebook is that you can stay connected with people from your past. It is both better than and worse than a class reunion.

ks said...

you're right, faith etc. It's kind of like you can pick and choose who you stay in touch with and how much you do, rather than staring at their face at a reunion and trying to think of something to talk about.
I'm not friends with very many classmates, either. I think there are about six, aside from my two close friends out of HS.

fuzzytop said...

Hi Kelly!

So true, so true....

Adrienne

ks said...

I'm not Kelly. But hi anyway!