Monday, July 20, 2009

Party Curse

[Warning: pity party ahead]
I have a party curse.
- I don't get invited to peoples' parties. It started in middle school when the snotty girls invited everyone but me to their birthday dance. It hasn't ended since. Nothing sucks more than finding out that people you hang around with an consider friends decided to do something fun and not bother to mention it to you until after the fact.
- When I plan them, people can't come. Even if they plan to come, on the day of the party, they don't show up.
- When people plan a party for me, they get canceled. It's happened more than once, the most notable time being my 16th birthday when my friends had planned a surprise party for me, and then a giant snow storm came and ruined it all.

I can't help but think it's because I'm not exciting enough to be a priority. Or maybe people are just afraid that I'll ruin something, so they don't invite me to theirs. I have a party curse. I really do. People have good excuses not to come but no one's there. My parties have to be postponed and no one can show up. Whatever party I plan just doesn't seem to work out how I plan it.

Okay, I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself because I had two parties planned this week, and it looks like neither one's really going to work out. My mom's turning 60 and I planned a good surprise party for her, but now she's stuck in Rochester with my dad at the hospital because he needs more tests on his heart. Goodbye well-planned surprise party. Hello "meet my mom for lunch if you can".
I booked a Lia Sophia Jewlery party back in March or something, because it got me a good discount on something I wanted, and there were a couple of other pieces of jewlery I liked but couldn't afford. The only RSVP's I've had have been "no's".

What's wrong with me? Do I pick bad days? Are people not entertained by the same things I am? Are they afraid that they'll be bored? Augh! Probably it's all in my head, and everyone feels like this. But maybe it's a party curse.

1 comment:

GodsGirl said...

I'm looking forward to your party on Friday. I have RSVPed yes and it's in my calendar. I always have a good time when I'm with you. :)