Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogging

I love reading peoples' blogs. Sometimes I stumble on one so interesting, I just sit and read through it all. I mostly love reading my friends' blogs that are just about the things happening in their lives. So since I feel like writing tonight, I'll just give a quick update on my life. Because i should be in bed, but I'm doing this instead.

I've been working on devotionals for theatrical camp. Every year, my mother-in-law helps direct a camp for two weeks at church, where 5th through 8th graders put together a musical to preform. I've always helped in diffent ways, but for the last three years I've written devotionals, which go as homework. The kids bring them back and get points and then they can spend them at a store. Typical sunday-school style reward system. I reallyl enjoy writing the books and exploring the subjects that are in the musicals. This year it's about the book of Exodus. The Ten Commandments and Go Down Moses and all that. I've been having a hard time with the material for some reason, trying to find the right passages to use and some how make them relevant. I think the trouble is there is so much to pick from, and narrowing down what I want to say gets tricky.

My brother is home from the cruise ship tour for three months. His girlfriend Gabi is back with him this week, so I've been hanging around them a lot with the family. My whole family will be home this summer. Good thing I have my own house. We're having a good time right now. My parents just left for a 2-week trip to the Czech Republic.

Other people are back also. My brother and sister in Law, Nathan and Shelly, are back to have a baby. So we're just going to be busy all summer. I don't like being busy, but I like seeing friends and family who live far away.

I finished the book "Christy" and recommend it. I'll probably make a post about that.

I have nothing really intersting to share here. So I will post this and go to bed.

No comments: