Tuesday, June 02, 2009

10 Reasons I love You






Today is my 8th anniversary. I'm so happily married it's ridiculous. To honor my husband, I've composed a list of things I love about him and because I know you all care so much, I'm going to share it with you. [Warning: major sappiness included]

1 - He's compassionate- a trait which I lack in so many forms, but which he helps to complete me. He sincerely cares for people, from faceless victims to closest family.
2 - He's deep. I've always loved that he is capable of thinking hard and analytically about things, and is able to discuss them, presenting his point of view respectfully and clearly.
3 - He's fun. I enjoy being around him, because he can make things funny that aren't funny. He can liven up conversations, and he remembers all of the stupid jokes we have between us. He thinks of creative ways to enjoy life.
4 - He's smart. He wouldn't say it, but he is. :o)
5 - He's a good dad. I'm not just saying it because I'm supposed to. He's so good at making teachable moments, disciplining with love, and being self-controlled. He plays with the girls and genuinely enjoys watching them develop and learn.
6 - He lets me have "me" time. Almost whenever I ask, no matter how stressed out or pressured he is, he's willing to let me do what I need to do, taking care of the kids and putting aside his projects.
7 - He watches chick flicks. And, often enough, likes them!
8 - He's strong. What girl doesn't want a guy who can lift a toilet all by himself?
9 - He knows something about everything. I don't have to use an encyclopedia terribly often because he can answer my questions. And he knows really random things like how to install a refrigerator. He's so useful.
10 - He's spiritual. He really cares about pleasing God and discovering theological truths.

To sum it up, he's everything I want and need, and I don't know how I ever managed to get someone so perfect. Happy Anniversary, Daniel!

3 comments:

CompuMech said...

"Sounds like the kind of man I ought to marry!"

(it was that Carey Grant quote, or "Daniel... yeah, I knew a Daniel once. Horse thief from Alabama. Wouldn't be the same guy, would he?")

You are really the best.

:o)

Beth said...

Yea! Congrats you two!

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Happy belated anniversary! Your marriage is amazing and inspiring to many, I hope you guys know that.