Friday, August 19, 2011

Wedding Bells

There were no wedding bells last weekend. At least not where I was. But there was a wedding.
We drove down to Nashville for my sister's hitchin'. Overall, it was a pretty good time. Even though it was a little busy. For those of you interested in these kinds of things, I'll just give the synopsis.
I was a bridesmaid. My girls were flower girls. They were adorable, even though their little curls didn't really stay in with the humidity.
The wedding was at the church the groom had grown up in, and his dad had been a pastor there. So there was this tightly knit community all around us. It was nice to see, and I think that an outsider would probably think my family/church looked similar. I felt strangely outside of it all. There weren'ta lot of "brides guests" at the wedding. My sister's best friend family came. There are three daughters and the parents and they're like her second family. Then of course, my brothers and my parents were there and hubby. My mother-in-law came as well, since she's one of my mom's best friends. And my cousin.
That was it as far as people I knew. There were a lot of kids from college who came too. I love my sister's friends. Hanging out with the bridesmaids was really fun. For the bachelorette party we went to this place called Cadalak Ranch. We had some drinks and danced. We meaning not me. well I danced. I didn't drink because I didn't feel like shelling out seven and a half bucks per glass. But whatever. I was pretty much over it after an hour, but we stayed longer.
It was fun to see the night life down there, though. I wished we'd had more time to stop into some other joints and check them out. There was some cool stuff down there.
After the wedding we drove downtown again with my parents and my cousin and brothers. Then we went to this park with a Parthanon in it. There was a wedding there so we got to see inside and it was pretty cool. There was also a tent with swing dancing and live music at the park which I enjoyed.
The wedding was cute. Kind of simple. And that's about all there is to say about that. The 10-hour drive home was... um, exhausting. I think we're done traveling for a while.
I haven't had a summer this crazy since the first year after we graduated college. We had a wedding we were in every other weekend, and then we had to squeeze in a trip to California for Daniel's grandma's funeral, and right after I got homef rom that I rode up to Montana to see my grandparents and took the train home in time for the next wedding.
This has actually been less exhausting than that. Except I have kids now, so maybe it was.
Whatever. I'm unwinding now by playing a stupid bricks breaking game and watching Star Trek Deep Space 9. **Geek Disclaimer** So far I don't like the show much. I didn't like it much when I was a kid either. If it doesn't get more interesting soon I'll probably skip ahead to Voyager. Which I really did like when it was on the air. Yeah, you all wanted to know that, didn't you?
I'm going to go back to my very important show now. Have a great weekend!

No comments: