Sunday, August 21, 2011

We’ve all got something to say

About the memories from which we were made

The pieces of time and space

Spread out before us in eternity

And I used to count stars

Back when I still believed you could count them all

Those parts of me, the people the places, the dreams and the failures

Remembered only in my heart for what they were

These things, seen by the masses as every day

Can become, in an individual soul, the essence of who they are.

And that’s why I can’t stop looking at these parts

The simple and the strong, the short and the long

Mundane and colorful, the memories

The stars, counted once, counted twice, and thousands more.

Seen by all

From their own corner of the world.

2 comments:

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

Beautiful!

Yesterday I wanted to call my great-grandmother. She passed away 8 years ago - but I just really wanted to give her a phone call. Since I couldn't, I sat and thought through the memories. Thanks.

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

This really should be a song. Why not send it to Sara Groves? (Actually, I would send it to her husband.)