Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Very very busy

My kids have a song on one of their CDs that goes "we're very very busy and we've got a lot to do and we haven't got a minute to explain it all to you. For on sunday monday tuesday there are things that we must see and on wednesday thursday Friday we're as busy as can be. With our most important meetings and our most important calls and we have to do so many things and post them on the walls."
That's how I've felt this summer. It's kind of driving me nuts. I like having time to sit. There hasn't been a lot of it (hense the shortage of posts, which I know you're all so sad about). Kids just keep you busy. In the summer, there's more to do too. Library programs, wading pools and sprinklers, gardening (which I didn't do this year), walks, bike rides, parks, etc. I've wanted to have more time with my friends, but it seems like these things keep coming up.
And in the midst of it, I have these fleeting deep thoughts, which i think I'll blog about, but then I forget them by the end of the day when I have time.
I also wasted two weeks of evenings watching a TV show that we got addicted to. Not sharing what it is, either. Guilty pleasures.
Anyway. What else happened?
My sister hopped home for a quick visit. While she was here, my brother returned home from Afghanistan, so we went down to central state for the coming home cerimony. It was ridiculously short, which was great. And so great to have my little brother home.
My sister's getting married in two and a half weeks in Nashville. Before that, we're probably headed up to Montana for a quick visit with the relatives. It doesn't quite seem like a good idea to drag my kids across the country one direction one week, then back across and the other direction the next. But I think I'm crazy like that. It should be good.
Between MOntana and Nashville, my brother-in-law's family will be here visiting. We're closest in age to them and always get along well, so we'll probably spend some time with them in those few days.
It isn't really that busy when I talk about it. But, then I have to add in bringing the kids along everywhere, making supper, keeping the house clean, finishing house projects (never ending), church, and garage sales (which I actually consider part of my duty because otherwise I have to go and find good deals at stores and save coupons and crap like that and I just don't want to).
I like busy. but I like butt-sitting too. Maybe Montana will be a good rest. I can't wait to stand among the wheat. Watch the rodeo and dream about horses. Ride four wheelers and bum around at the fair with the cousins. Maybe I'll get a good storm out of it too.
Anyway, that was a boring post about what I'm doing. What are you doing these days? Are you busy too?

3 comments:

Chloe van Dynn said...

I miss you too! Are you in the Big Sky State? I'm flying all over the country the next couple months... I'll be in Seattle soon... working though... love you... even though I haven't been in touch.. I think about you all the time.

Love

Chloe van Dynn said...

Oh share the TV show for hecks sake ;-) You can do it on my page. LOL.

Katrina Custer said...

As a kid, I actually always enjoyed "getting dragged" from one end of the continent to the other. I think your kids will appreciate it one day rather than hold it against you. Busy here, too. I'm setting up my classroom and trying to get ready for the new school year on our new Middle School campus. :-)