Thursday, June 16, 2011

Missing my Free Time!

I haven't had any spare time in the last couple of weeks. Things just got really busy for all of us. With summer in full swing. so. What have I been doing?

Mostly, trying to keep up with these guys:

we've spent a lot of time in the wading pool in the back yard this summer. But now it's been raining for two weeks straight, so we're trying to find more interesting things to do.
Like potty training.
Which, by the way, I am terrible at. I will not share the trauma with the whole world. But let's just say I suck.

I also wrote a devotion book for a camp at church. Every year my mother-in-law, along with her team of friends, puts on a theatrical camp. For two weeks 3-8th graders come to church in the morning and learn different parts of theater/acting/set-design/dancing whatever. they put on a play at the end. This year the play is about David and Goliath, so what I wrote corresponded with themes from that. I enjoy writing devotions. For camp, I check their "homework", and I've been teaching their devotion time in camp too. It's been a challenge. But I sort of like it too.

Anyway.
I've also been busy with wedding plans. My sister's getting married in August. She was home and so we had showers and dresses and all of that girl-stuff that comes with weddings. It's been fun, though. Now that she's growing up and we can kind of relate about some more things in life.
My BFF cousin visited too while my sister was here. That was awesome like usual. Becky and I grew up playing in the barn, chasing down cats, fighting with our older siblings, and inventing spy organizations together. It's not nearly as interesting when we hang out now, but I guess that might be good. Although, we have been known to break out in random songs from "The Music Man". but that's a trait almost everyone in my extended family shares.
Overall, life is good. We spend a lot of our free time reading library books and running through the sprinkler.
I spend whatever moment I get to myself writing. Because I love it. And I'm in the middle of a project.
Next week will be just as busy as this one, if not more. And then, my brother and sister-in-law come to town. After four days, we're all going to drive across the state for a Christian music festival together. More to come on that...

No comments: