Saturday, March 05, 2011

Hospital Bed

I've been at the hospital for 29 hours now with my oldest daughter. She became dehydrated a couple of days ago, so they're monitering her. It's not looking really serious right now. But I hate being here, helpess. I like having the help, and knowing that if anything gets worse, we're where we should be. I'm restless now, thinking about all of the things I need to do when i get home. I'm pretty exhausted too. And, in the night, you worry about things you have no need to worry about. Here's what I wrote because I'm bored.

Hospital Bed

What helplessness we find
in the hospital bed
watching
waiting
time slowly ticking by
and the trouble we imagine
tormenting our sleep

what frailty we see
those tiny hands
tiny tears
calling out for help
which I cannot give

But bigger hands hold us
In the weakest of times
showing us hope
saving, sustaining,
Healing—His voice
Singing a song in the night:
Help is on the way

3 comments:

Scarlet-O said...

KS!!!

I hate hospitals so much... What happened? I know kids get dehydrated all the time... and it makes you really sick for a bit, but it isn't serious...

Here's a song, you might not like, but is apropos, that I think is really good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyhkQzPLjcA

Love, light, prayers and good vibes to you--

S-O

ks said...

She just threw up so much that she got dehydrated, so i took her to the doctor and she admitted her to the hospital to get IV fluids and anti-nausea. She's doing so much better now!
and I liked the song. The video made it kind of sad but i like that style

Katrina Custer said...

I just saw this. Am praying for you and your family! Hope you're home by now. :-)