Monday, July 07, 2008

Trusting

I've thought about writing this entry several times over the last fwe weeks, but always decided to wait. When I went in to the doctor after my stillbirth for the check up, he said "Call me as soon as you get a positive pregnancy test. we'll get you on blood thinners, and you'll have a boring pregnancy." I found out in May that I'm pregnant again. I'm ten weeks along now, and I'll be due Feburary 2 if everything goes well.

So far, it hasn't really been boring. There have been some complications that have been very difficult to deal with after what happened last time. Nothing terribly serious. I found out that, along with Factor V Leiden, I have another genetic defect called MTHFR. It's similar to the Factor V. It increases homocystene levels so your blood makes big clots. I've been taking folic acid for it and they think that's all I really need. I had a hemorrhage that's finally clearing up, so I'm starting lovonox incections today. Lovonox is an anti-coagulant (blood thinner) that's supposed to keep me from developing any clots that would harm the baby. I hope it works.

Being pregnant is always an exersize in faith. You always have to trust God and tell yourself not to worry, knowing that He's in control and He makes the decisions. BUt that's a lot easier to do when you don't have a really good reason to worry. I hadn't really had trouble with it until this pregnancy. Now I'm already fighting the worry and doubt. All the time. I don't wawnt to, because it increases my stress level, blood pressure, etc, and yet, it's really hard to counter it.

I wonder why we fear so many things that are so out of our control... I suppose it's human. And I suppose it's a way to learn to trust God. Last night when I was awake at 3:30, Hebrews 12:2 came to mind: "Let us fix our eyes on jesus, the author and profector of our faith, who, for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the Father." I think it was supposed to be a message, which I neglected to take fully take to heart. I need to just keep thinking about Jesus, and stop worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will worry about itself.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations! I will be praying for you.

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Praying for you too! We all need to remember to fix our eyes on Him. 1Peter is playing a significant role in my life right now! Even just today I was caused to think about chapter three and suffering and not fearing and keeping focused on Christ and being able to answer to anyone why I have the hope I have. The exact context in these verses has to do with unjust suffering, but I think it can apply to any suffering. And it made me think about whether or not I actually have hope to share. Anyway, there's some good stuff in that Bible. :) Maybe I need to blog this one out myself.
On another note... glad to know your trip to the ER ended up being a nonevent. Missed you all last week and looking forward to tomorrow night! Blessings!

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

Most days I pray for you, the child in your womb, for your womb to be a safe and secure place, and for both your and the baby's life, health, and safety at the delivery. Every once and a while I might miss a day. But, I am praying. Peace - this is a gift God gives us. Some days I just wish I could stop by and say "hi!" We'll have to hang out next month.