Friday, November 11, 2005

Disquieted

Disquieted

There’s a disquieted feeling

when I think about you that night
remember you walking away
uneasy smile and nonchalant goodbye

as if everything was OK
Something inside of you worried,

parts of your life that made you afraid
Things hidden under the eyeliner and set jawpain
bigger than the things we talk about
I wonder if you could tell I saw

or if I pretended too well, played along with your game
while you were crying out and hoping inside
and I was waiting until it was too late.
My mind fills with suggestions
when I think of you that night
remember you walking away
Your relieved expression

like a dog unlocked from its cage.
and me, wishing I could say more or do something to help
becuase I know everything was not OK

and you’re just as disquietedas my spirit was when we met

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like. I don't know why, but that's because I don't know poetry. :)

ks said...

coming from a rhetoric professor, that means a lot.