Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Confession of my secret love for the blogging community

Is it a guilty pleasure? To be ennamoured with the personal thoughts of people who normally don't have a chance to share their personal thoughts? To want to know what "celebs" think about every day life, love and godliness? To sit for an hour a day and read through the insights, feelings and thoughts they've decided to share with the world(wide web)?

I love blogging. I don't like writing them as much as I like reading them, and my favorite part about blogging is that you can leave comments. It's like an interactive magazine with all of your favorite people! It's wonderful. It makes me so happy.

Yesterday I was thinking about Shaun Groves' blog, and wishing that more of my favorite artists had one. Then I found Chris Rice's! Yay. I suppose it's a small pleasure, and it really doesn't matter to anyone else, but I'm finding a certain element of my personal growth in blogging, the intelligent discussion from the standpoint of respected (and disrespected) people. It's great. Everyone should have one, and everyone should say more than "I ate tacos for supper. Then I got sick. And Joey's going out with Becky and I'm soooo jealous." Or whatever. I guess there's a place for those kinds of entries too, but, like conversations, they really don't take you very far.