Friday, December 21, 2012

New Baby!

I don't know if there are readers out there who I don't know in real life, so I figured I should update about the baby. She's one week and one day old today.
The surgery went really smoothly, and I felt great through the whole thing. (Last time I had some pain and then I got a spinal headache which really sucked). The only hiccup was when they did the spinal block, he couldn't get the needle in between the vertabrea because I have a curve, but they fixed that easily by having me sit on a towel to straighten it out.
I cried when the baby came out and I heard her little scream coming from the corner. She was so cute and tiny and I was so relieved that everything had gone smoothly.
She was 7 pounds and 2 ounces and 20 inches long. Born at 7:57 AM
We hadn't nailed down a name yet, so when we got back to the hospital room, we kept trying to figure one out that would work well. We had a lot of different choices we'd been considering, but none of them ended up being the name. THe ones we picked became options just that morning while we'd been in surgery prep.
She's Lois Svetlana
We always liked Lois but we didn't think it worked well with our last name, but then we realized that she's not always going to have this as her last name (probably) and I never cared that much anyway. It means "agreeable" or "desireable" which I thought was fitting for a baby I tried to have for two years. So far, she has been pretty agreeable, too!
Svetlana is a RUssian name that means light. We want her to be a light that draws people to Christ, and brings brightness into the dark world.
And that's how we picked the name. And that's the baby.

1 comment:

Katrina Custer said...

Beautiful names! Glad you and Lois are doing well. Be blessed, friend!