Monday, November 07, 2011

I feel like talking about myself

Why would I have a blog if I couldn't use it once in a while for some narcissisticreflections, right? No one's making you read it.

Here's the news from my pretty boring life. I've been spending a lot of time writing. I'm working on a sequel to this book I wrote in about a month's time. The sequel isn't coming along quite as easily. I wish that it were because I like the story and i think it will turn out well, but I just finished reading through the 172 pages and trying to tighten it up and wasn't so successful. But whatever. I'm already thinking about the third book. Which could be a problem.

I've also been thinking about how much unhealthy food I eat, and how I really shoudl change that. It goes in spurts where I try my darndest to do it right, and then I get sick of it and eat a whole lot of things that aren't good for me. I like sugar. I can't help it. So now I'm considering this idea about taking out most of the refined sugars and flours in the diet and focusing more on protien. Because I feel tired all the time and the doctor keeps saying everything's OK but I sort of think something isn't. Long story.

Tonight I met with my preschool moms group for an "outing" at the pub down the road from me. We had a really great time. We talked a lot about health foods and natural living and gardening and meat and stuff like that. I felt really smart, having grown up in Iowa and being pretty familiar with the natural living I was raised on. A lot of the gals grew up in big cities so things like... canning is just foreign to them.

I'm feeling antsy for the "next" thing in my life too. I know i shouldn't be, but I'm restless. I want to get finished having babies and go on to school age, and live in a bigger house and have a garden in the country and stop worrying about neighbors. And it seems like everyone around me is having their next baby and moving to better houses, but I'm stuck. And I know it shouldn't feel that way and I want to be content. And most of the time I really am. But lately I just want to DO something different. It might be a long winter if this feeling doesn't go away.

There you have it. I could keep going but i guses I have nothing more to say. And I'd rather be working on my story anyway. This was the most boring post ever. Hopefully no one read it.

3 comments:

Kimn said...

Kristin, I love your transparency and the way you capture here what many women (if not most) experience in their inner thought life. Touché. Thanks for your honesty and candid reflections. And this is where we face another realm: Contentment. (Phil. 4:11)

Kimn said...

oops, I meant to add that it's certainly NOT easy. Here's to linking arms and hearts while dreaming for the things to come while resting in today's realities!

Faith_Trust_Hope said...

so - why don't you write about the ministry we did - just change names, stories a bit, etc.

Yeah - I think we all feel antsy. Like I'm waiting for something to happen, but nothing is happening. Get it.