Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Life is Full of Interruptions

Grrrrr. I've been wanting to write so badly lately. I've gotten some good ideas for pieces of stories and plans for new ones, but nothing is coming together. The ones I was working on are stuck. Every last one of them. i need to write devotionals for the theatrical camp and I can't even do that.

Reading a good book makes me want to write even more. I just finished one that i liked and it made me really want to get back to the keys. But tonight I sat and typed two paragraphs before I was interrupted. If I have a good idea of where i'm going, I can slam stuff out with things going on around me and concentrate later when the house gets quiet. (Which seems to be never these days). But when I barely have the inspiration, then it takes all of the concentration I have, which isn't a lot. But now the distractions are full force. The attic project, preparing for a garage sale, theatrical camp, and playdates are taking up all of my free time. It comes in waves. But i apologize. I got nothing.

1 comment:

Scarlet-O said...

a lotta writers they- make themselves pound it out whether or not the muse showed up. i think thats a good ethic. i know you have kids and a house to manage. and if thats stopping you, thats stopping you, but dont let it be for lack of inspiration. the more you pound it out the more you'll have access to the muse and the more you can do with it when she shows up. plus. i want you to read this book. i have two. ones easy, contentwise, youve probably read it. the second not so much. k. beep me.