Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Raking Inventions and other conspiracies

Thinking about conspiracies lately has gotten me into some strange thought patterns that I'd like to share. I am a friend of some conspiracy theorists, even related to many, and there is some kind of draw to that underground information in my brain and personality. It makes me want to believe it because it's counter to what the rest of the world is thyinking, and it challenges the status quo. Those are things I enjoy usually. But fret not. I have not jumped off the deep end yet.

I have decided that most of the things that happen in our lives that we don't agree with are the result of conspiracies. And conspiracies lead to more conspiracies. Let's take raking, for example. It's a conspiracy by s ome old people who wanted to hold off winter as long as possible. Their thinking is that if their yards still look like summer, then maybe everything else will follow suit. I don't think it worked, but look at all of the money gardening companies can make on poor saps who feel obligatedt o stand in their yard for three hours a week tediously piling up a carpet of leaves that were meant to fall and fertalize their grass. Now not only do they have to pay to go to a chiropractor, they also have to pay another company to come in and fertalize their lawns.
Someone took advantage of these folks' desire for warm weather. Maybe even more than one.

Here's another example (one I've been considering for quite some time): Flu vaccinations. We've gone for years having influenzia as a part of the winter season. Pepole get it, go to the doctor, get lots of sleep, vomit too many times to count, drink lots of fluids and it passes. All the sudden someone finds it necessary to invent a vaccination for the simple means of eliminating a small inconvinience. (I know, there's someone out there whose grandma died of influenzia, and I'm not downplaying that. There is a place for vaccinations.) But what I'm saying is that every Will, Joe and Harry don't need to go out and pay for a vaccination for a disease that they never had before and probably wouldn't have gotten anyway. It happened suddenly, covertly, and it's hard to get explanations out of people who should know more. That suggests conspiracy. Someone out there wanted to make money for a vaccination, so they some how convinced us that we need this drug shot into our veins. Five years ago, I don't remember anyone worrying about it. Am I crazy, or is there some kind of latent brainwashing happening disguised as "concern for health"?

And this strange and sudden influx of worry about the bird flu. What's up with that? I'm no MD, and I really don't have the first clue about these kinds of things, but have there been any cases of it yet, or is it just some kind of FDA-induced hysteria making people think they need the vaccination?

I didn't see a lot of credible information from either end. But I don't exactly trust the FDA or any of the other loonies that come up with these mass disease scares. Call me unwise, but I'm going to go and get a needless shot to prevent something that *might* happen, especially when they're cranking those things out like they do with such unproven tests and so little time to see if they're actually effective.

After reading a little from both ends of the discussion on whether or not to worry about the Avian flu, I've decided that it too is a giant conspiracy that even the crackpots on the internet haven't yet detected. I mean, what if the so-called vaccination is a couple of benign chemicals designed to do nothing but pull from our pocketbooks in order to fund the research and testing of other drugs? Or, worse yet, what if the "innoculation" has some other kind of checmical? One released only under certain circumstances? Some kind of mind-altering drug that, when combined with some airborne pathogen, causes people to act in a certian way favorable to the conspirators' plan. Maybe I just watch too many sci-fi, super hero movies. But it's something to wonder about, really. Is it possible for beurocrats to actually be concerned about our wellbeing?

You've gotta love these conspiracy theorists. It's too bad they're so far off the deep end. I wish one or two of them would look into finding out just exactly why the "government (fda)" is pushing for so many vaccinations, ignoring the potential side effects and strange results. I think that there's a great conspiracy in that alone, but what would I know. I'm just a kid at a computer with a big imagination.

No comments: