Monday, June 10, 2013

The 60's

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am on a major 60's kick right now. Entertainment wise. It started when we looked up some old Haley Mills movies on youtube for the girls to watch, and now I'm all crazy for ugly hairdos and people saying "Daddy-o".
I'm watching the Parent Trap tonight. It's really a genius movie. Timeless. Even though Haley Mills might be the most annoying actress ever.
Other favorite sixties movies (not including westerns which are their own category and blog post):

Doctor Doolittle
Davey Crocket (Western but stands on its own. It's freaking awesome).
Swiss Family Robinson
Bye Bye Birdie
The Music Man
Summer Magic (Haley Mills. Ugh.)
Cheaper by the Dozen

Brian Keith PictureFor fun while I'm feeding Lois, I've been watching "My Three Sons". And then I remembered another show I liked when TVLand first started called "Family Affair". I recommend both shows. The kids love them, and they're good, wholesome entertainment.
And that is the purpose of this blog post. Maybe I just like the innocence of it or the technicolor, or maybe I'm in love with nice, handsome men in suits like Fred MacMurray and Brian Keith.


Totally random post. What can I say? I'm bored and alone at home, and I haven't slept well in weeks.

No comments: