Tuesday, October 13, 2009

English...?

Without making any statements about education, lack thereof, text-obsessing, not in touch with reality teenagers, or anything like that, I just want to share this with you

Y !S !T D@ ONLYT!M3 F@MILY COM3 2 S33 U !S @T YO WORST AND HOW COM3 D3Y ONLY C@LL WH3N D3Y N3ED SOM3TH!N OR D3Y W@NN@ B3 YO B3STFR!END W3N U GOT SOM3TH!N BUT W3N U @!NT GOT NOTH!N D3Y @!NT NOWH3R3 2 B FOUND!!!!! LOL D@TS CR@Z!!


If you took less than five minutes to figure out what that said, you're smarter than me. I think you might need Little Orphan Annie's decoder ring. The language it's written in is "facebook status" from one of my young friends. 18 years old. I understand you need to use your phone to update, but uh... lots of people do.

I won't be cynical. It's hilarious, really. Hilarious.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Ok, is it sad I can understand this?

it says: "why is it that only time family come to see you is at your worst and how come they ony call when they need something or they want to be your best friend when you go something but when you aint got nothing they aint nowhere to be found. Laugh out loud that's crazy!!"

I may be able to read the language, but you will not catch me using it.

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

So funny! I am used to reading this language too; they all write like that. It's a bit sad. It is also sad (and I'm not claiming to be an english major) that this is how most of my young friends speak as well.