Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Blues... Thankful list

Last night I was wishing that I were a missionary just so I could send out update letters with things I'm thankful about. But since I'm not a missionary and won't be for a long time if ever, I guess I'll just have to use my blog.
I've been feeling sort of depressed lately, and you're supposed to start being thankful when you're feeling sorry for yourself, so I am going to make a short list of things I'm thankful for. It's probably really boring, so you don't have to read it. But I want to write it. :o)

My french horn which I got as a Christmas present
writer's group
Arlene and all of her cute smiles and hugs
Daniel, the love of my life who becomes more wonderful with every passing day (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a romantic. Because I'm not).
Valentines
my laptop
My small group and the book we're reading about faith
e-mail because otherwise I wouldn't have any friends
my cousins who are all actually pretty cool
panara, brewed awakenings and Breugers
that my brother and sister are in town right now




1 comment:

Kimn said...

Kristin, I just learned in class that the biggest day for depression this year was January 21st. So you are not alone in feeling the "blues" today. Great idea to list those things in our lives for which we can be thankful. Thanks! ~Kimn